SAVA Home Condition Survey (HCS)
At Russen & Turner, we are qualified to provide SAVA Home Condition Surveys. An HCS is a report designed specifically for the home buyer. It provides a plain English, jargon-free report of a property with the main aim of advising on any aspects that require urgent attention, any serious faults or areas of costly ongoing maintenance.
The report uses a numerical condition rating system – 1 (green) signifies no repair, 2 (amber) indicates repair is needed, but not immediately, and 3 (red) confirms an immediate repair or further investigation is required. Surveyors must be SAVA members and will cover issues including:
- Major problems with a property
- Areas of possible concern that require further investigation
- Help buyers plan for future expenditure
- Assess structural movement, damp, rot and woodworm
- Report on heating and electrical services, drains, alterations and environmental issues